grub-devel

Crypto Patch: Legal Issues

From: Michael Gorven
Subject: Crypto Patch: Legal Issues
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 17:11:01 +0200

Hi

Two months ago[1] I announced on this list that I was working on adding
support for LUKS encrypted partitions to GRUB. I had some queries[2]
regarding other code which I have used, and still haven't had a proper
response to those queries. Could someone please advise me on what needs to be
done to get my patch integrated?? The patch includes the following pieces of
code.

Ciphers and hashes from libgcrypt: Copyright FSF, LGPL 2.1 or later
Simon's crypto framework: Copyright Simon Peter, GPL 3
AFsplitter: Copyright Clemens Fruhwirth, GPL 2 or later
PBKDF2: Copyright FSF, GPL 2 or later
Code I've written

What needs to be done to convert these to compatible licenses and/or reassign
copyright?

Michael

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2008-05/msg00127.html
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2008-05/msg00184.html