grub-devel

Re: Crypto Patch: Legal Issues

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Crypto Patch: Legal Issues
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 17:24:23 +0200

Hi Michael,

Michael Gorven <address@hidden> writes:

> Two months ago[1] I announced on this list that I was working on adding
> support for LUKS encrypted partitions to GRUB. I had some queries[2]
> regarding other code which I have used, and still haven't had a proper
> response to those queries. Could someone please advise me on what needs to be
> done to get my patch integrated?? The patch includes the following pieces of
> code.

Sorry to keep you waiting.  After the weekend I will have more time
and get back to you.

> Ciphers and hashes from libgcrypt: Copyright FSF, LGPL 2.1 or later
> Simon's crypto framework: Copyright Simon Peter, GPL 3
> AFsplitter: Copyright Clemens Fruhwirth, GPL 2 or later
> PBKDF2: Copyright FSF, GPL 2 or later
> Code I've written
>
> What needs to be done to convert these to compatible licenses and/or reassign
> copyright?

I was about the review Simon's patch.  What is the best way to
proceed.  More than one person works on this and I am confused about
how to deal with this.  Would it help if Simons work got in first, or
didn't you continue with this, but did you just pick pieces of code
from him instead?

--
Marco