grub-devel

Re: [RFC] Grub2 lock and password implementation

From: Michael Gorven
Subject: Re: [RFC] Grub2 lock and password implementation
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 22:02:53 +0200

On Friday 23 May 2008 15:50:53 Julien Ranc wrote:
> method handler that registered with this name. It could be, for
> example "plain" for plain texts, "md5", "sha256", etc.

I am currently implementing support for LUKS encrypted partitions in GRUB and
have working SHA1, SHA256 and SHA512 modules. It would make sense to use
those instead of reimplementing them. I can add an MD5 module fairly easily,
and restore SHA224 and SHA384 functions if necessary.

Michael

--
http://michael.gorven.za.net
PGP Key ID 6612FE85