grub-devel

Re: TPM support with SATA drives

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: TPM support with SATA drives
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:41:04 +0200

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 08:33:07PM +0200, Laurent Dufréchou wrote:
> So, will grub2 will one day support TPM ? ;)

It doesn't really matter.  GRUB 2 is free software, so if it doesn't support
TPM, someone else will provide a modified version.

We can't stop the evil by refusing to implement it, but at least we can speak
out about it, and let people know that TPMs are inherently designed to restrict
against the legitimate owner of a device.

I once came across this comment on slashdot, which summarises the problem
very well IMHO:

  http://it.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=221046&cid=17934808

--
Robert Millan

<DRM> What use is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)