grub-devel

Re: What is the current status?

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: What is the current status?
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:49:51 +0100

Dean Loros <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> I've been following the list (sort-of) for some time now & I have
> several questions--
>
> 1. Is Grub2 up to the usability of Grub?

If it isn't, please report so.  We are close to having something
stable.  Bug reports can help us a lot.

> 2. I've been using Grub-GFXboot--Is Grub2 capable of similar eyecandy yet?

This is work in progress.

> 3. Has UUID been implemented yet?

Not yet.  Do you want to do this?  It shouldn't be hard to do, a good
task for someone who wants to works on GRUB 2.

> 4. How stable is the current CVS?

What is the unit this is measured in?

> 5. My system is dual-boot---Testing Ubuntu (Hardy) & Stable
> (Gutsy)--No Windoze--any config issues?

Not that we know of.  It would help if people report bugs :-)

--
Marco