grub-devel

Re: status of GRUB on XO

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: status of GRUB on XO
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:52:10 +0100

Robert Millan <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Robert,

> Reporting current status of GRUB on XO:
>
>   - Missing some parts of AT keyboard driver (arrows don't work).

Is this a general issue with your driver?  For arrow keys you need to
process multiple scancodes, IIRC.

>   - Can only access SD cards (via OFW callbacks), in any of the filesystems
>     supported by GRUB.  Accessing the NAND or USB drives will require adding
>     new drivers (I expect the latter will come soon, since it is also needed
>     on i386-pc).

What kind of interface does the NAND drive have?  ATA? ;-)

>   - Supports serial terminal (I couldn't try this on real hardware, but I
>     assume it works).

So this is not an issue now?

>   - Loader only supports Multiboot2 images for now.

There are multiboot kernels already? :-)

It would be nice if something like Xen will be converted to
multiboot2.

--
Marco