grub-devel

Re: FOSDEM 2006

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2006
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:31:16 +0100

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> As you may know, FOSDEM 2006 is planned at the end of February. And, they
> started to accept applications to DevRooms:
>
> http://www.fosdem.org/index/press/devrooms_call_for_presence_2006
>
> For now, I really have no idea if I am available at that time, but I promise
> that I would go, if my schedule permits.

Same for me.  I will go if there are no exams or so the week after
that.

> So I have some questions:
>
> - How many people would like to attend FOSDEM?
>
> - Would anybody like to make a presentation of GRUB 2 or Multiboot
> Specification 2?

I am willing to do that, although I suck at giving presentations.
Both one or two talks are fine for me.  I can give a talk about last
years changes (assuming about the same people will attend) and
multiboot 2.

> - Do we want to have our own DevRoom or share with another group as we did
> last year?

For two talks, we won't get a room.

> In my opinion, sharing a DevRoom is better, if we are not too many, and
> another group accepts it, because we should listen to what OS developers
> think. Such a group can be Hurd (like last year), OpenSolaris, or a GNU/Linux
> distribution project (such as Debian or Ubuntu).

Right, I agree.

Thanks,
Marco