grub-devel

Re: Fix for strange characters in GRUB 1.91

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Fix for strange characters in GRUB 1.91
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 18:19:04 +0100

Dennis Clarke <address@hidden> writes:

> Do you know anything about the possibility for support of a background
> graphic image also or is that still a major leap with many
> ramifications ?

For that we need to have framebuffer support.  Framebuffer support is
planned for GRUB 2.  After that new features like a background image
can be added.

On the pegasos the firmware does not support a framebuffer.  But I
think if we add an ATI driver, most pegasos users will have a
framebuffer.  If there is a framebuffer the menu borders will always
look nice.

--
Marco