grub-devel

Re: Fix for strange characters in GRUB 1.91

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Fix for strange characters in GRUB 1.91
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:54:12 +0100

Dennis Clarke <address@hidden> writes:

> A picture says a 1000 words :
>
>     http://www.blastwave.org/dclarke/grub/grub_1.91/day_01/img_1280.jpg
>
> I was thinking that perhaps simple line drawing with "-" and "+" could
> be used for now and that would also work nicely on serial consoles and
> old DEV VT units that some of us still use on headless hardware.  So
> perhaps a config option in the grub.cfg for charset would be useful.

This was on the pegasos, right?  I have a pegasos myself and this is
on my todo list.  It is just that not the correct characters are used
to draw the menu.  I suspect this is a bug in the firmware (IOW: it
does not use ANSI, which IIRC is in the IEEE 1275 spec.), so we need
to come up with a workaround.

--
Marco