grub-devel

Disabling pause after an error

From: adrian15
Subject: Disabling pause after an error
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:59:12 +0200

This is a question about 0.x series, the legacy grub.

I want to make an option in Grub Super Disk called "Auto Load your Lost
Linux" that what in fact does is:

configfile (hd0,0)/boot/grub/menu.lst
configfile (hd0,1)/boot/grub/menu.lst
configfile (hd0,0)/grub/menu.lst
configfile (hd0,1)/grub/menu.lst

and so on.

What i do not want is the user to have to press a key when menu.lst from
hd0,0 or hd0,1 is not loaded because there's no such menu.lst

Is there any HALT_ON_ERRORS variable in grub itself or should I hack the
source code in order to disable pauses after errors?

Thank you,

adrian15

P.D.: This option will be useful when your windows xp rewrites your MBR and
you cannnot boot into your appreciated Linux.