grub-devel

Re: Key for showing boot menu ?

From: xerces8
Subject: Re: Key for showing boot menu ?
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:51:52 +0200

From: "Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden>

> On Saturday 17 September 2005 10:23 pm, xerces8 wrote:
> > If the grub menu has a short timeout, how do I make it stay,
> > instead of automatically booting ?
>
> You just need to push any key. How short? Zero?

I tried holding SHIFT, CTRL , ESC, cursor keys (holding or quickly
pressing) none worked.

I am not sure about the timeout (I can't boot into linux to check ;-)
It might be zero. (I will check later by booting from CD or floppy)

Regards,
David

PS: I saw only after I sent my message, that this list is for GRUB 2.x.
My problem is with old GRUB. Should I continue on the bug-grub list ?