grub-devel

Re: x86 serial support

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: x86 serial support
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 19:08:30 +0200

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 02:41, Omniflux wrote:
> It's been a few months, but here are some updated patches.

I've checked in your patch with some modification right now. I changed these
below:

- I removed EXPORT_FUNC from terminfo.h. EXPORT_FUNC is required only if you
want to export symbols from the kernel.

- I moved the inline functions in serial.h to serial.c, because they are not
used outside.

- I fixed bad indentation.

- I removed odd const qualifiers to integers.

- I fixed a memory leak in the serial command.

I might have changed some other minor things as well.

For now, terminfo.c has code of interpreting terminfo, but supports only
vt100. Do you intend to fix this?

Okuji