grub-devel

Re: grub-mkimage and module loading

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: grub-mkimage and module loading
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 22:45:57 +0000

Hollis Blanchard <address@hidden> writes:

> I suggested the same thing. But I'd really rather have someone who
> understands the PC side to make such changes. I don't have the
> equipment or the interest to rework the PC code. This patch has almost
> no impact on the PC side; sharing the code will be more invasive.

Ok. I can do that, no problem.  In that case, please don't move the
function out of kern/main.c but just write the PPC parts.  In that
case breaking the PC port is not a problem because I will immediately
start fixing.  I can apply the patches short after each other so there
will not be any problem.

>> Anyway, I'd prefer this to work the same on every machine and this
>> code to be shared.
>
> I understand. I will see what I can do.

Leave that to me as well if that is more comfortable for you.

>> I assume you will make a changelog entry when the patch is more or
>> less ok?  It's easier to review a patch using a changelog entry.
>
> Yes, but there was no sense in me making a changelog description when
> the patch was just going to be ripped apart anyways. :)

LOL!

Thanks,
Marco