grub-devel

Re: fosdem

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: fosdem
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 16:21:11 +0000

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd like to describe my idea. The meaning of attending a conference is,
> in my definition, to meet people. With this opportunity, you can get
> touch with other developers and sometimes they are extremely talented.
> So this may give more developers, this may give you enlightenment (such
> as really new ideas) or this may give you more good friends. In any
> case, this is very useful for your life.

Right, and I know that.  That is the reason why I want to give a talk
at the Hurd developers room.  As for a lightning talk, they are too
short and I am not a good public speaker.  Perhaps another time,
sorry...

> I myself don't plan to do this, because I'm not active at the moment, I
> think I will have to make one (not for GRUB, though) in LSM/RMLL next
> year again, and I'd like someone else to do this.

May I ask what kind of talk you will give there?

> The last reason is important for me, since becoming a presentator is
> the only way to obtain public interest on you, if you are not the
> project maintainer. I personally believe that all developers should
> be appreciated equally, but people only see maintainers in
> reality. I feel this is unfair.

It does not bother me personally.

>> Who on this mailing list will go to FOSDEM?  It would be nice if we
>> could meet there so we can see each other in real life. :)
>
> I'm planning to go, perhaps only one day. It takes only one hour for me
> to go to the university, so I have no reason to stay there.

At Saturday there is a special room for Hurd developers.  We can meet
there, if you'd like?  I think most people there will recognize me.
What do you think of that?

--
Marco