grub-devel

Re: Framebuffer

From: Johan Grip
Subject: Re: Framebuffer
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:12:03 +0200

Marco Gerards wrote:
<SNIP>
Does this make sense or does this just suck?  I hope many people will
reply on this so I can start hacking ASAP.

This does indeed make sense. For the project I am involved in, AROS, we already use a patched version of GRUB with vesa support in it.

Our patch allows GRUB to set a vesa mode before handing over control to the OS, so we do not need to mess with realmode stuff in our code.

So from our perspective this would be a welcomed addition to the GRUB2 code base.

Kind regards,
  Johan