grub-devel

Re: normal mode chainloader

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: normal mode chainloader
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:52:13 +0200

address@hidden (Tomas Ebenlendr) writes:

>> Why is the dependency of the on boot.mod required?
>
> Because users will be confused if they can do some loader cmd and can't
> boot cmd. No other reason.

This will be fixed by the autoloading that was proposed on the list.
If someone uses the boot command, the boot.mod will be autoloaded.  So
I think it is not a requirement.

>> > P.P.S. I saw somewhere (in archive) that I should probably subscribe
>> >    something for FSF. ...
>>
>> That is right.  We need copyright assignments for GRUB.  It is
>> required so the FSF can defend copyright violations and prevent other
>> legal problems (remember SCO? ;)).
>>
> O.k. how?

I think Okuji should take care of that...

>> Can you please read the GCS?  I don' like commenting much on a patch
>> that looks quite good. ;)
>
> I have read it, but I'm used on another coding style, which we used for
> our school project. (There are some things in GCS which we disagree.)
> I will write better code after about 500 lines with GCS.

Ok, I have the same problems sometimes.  Hopefully you won't mind if I
continue sending comments in the meanwhile.

Thanks,
Marco