grub-devel

sctripting in grub

From: Tomas Ebenlendr
Subject: sctripting in grub
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:24:23 +0200

One part of TODO is grub scripting. Which way this should be done?
command source? - should it have own module? (dynamic/static)?
 + some commands for scripting (if/then/else, goto)

My opinion is to have such command (source), it will load whole script
in memory (parse it ?) and then execute. (we want to know about goto
labels.)

Should we use existing language or write new?

PS: How I distinguish dynamic modules (that can be runtime loaded) and
modules that are staticaly in kernel? (such as cat, boot, ....)

PPS: What does the normal mode?
--
                                 Tomas 'ebi' Ebenlendr
                                 http://get.to/ebik