grub-devel

Re: GRUB2: booting Linux

From: Sergey Matveychuk
Subject: Re: GRUB2: booting Linux
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 01:08:33 +0300

Marco Gerards wrote:

Sergey Matveychuk <address@hidden> writes:

OK. I've fixed my problem with dd. GRUB2 boots well. But how can I
boot Linux now? There is no 'kernel' command. And 'load' command too.

chainloader +1 said:
error: invalid signature

With chainloader I can boot only WinXP. Nether Linux nor FreeBSD.

There is the "linux" command.  You just have to build in the loader.
And of course you need rescue mode, just like you used it for the
chainloader.

I can't see it on the 'help' command.
But what with a 'kernel' command?
And why 'chainloader +1' says "invalid signature"?

--
Sem.