grub-devel

Re: GRUB2: booting Linux

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: GRUB2: booting Linux
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 23:35:46 +0100

Sergey Matveychuk <address@hidden> writes:

> I can't see it on the 'help' command.
> But what with a 'kernel' command?
> And why 'chainloader +1' says "invalid signature"?

It is weird that it does not show up in the help.  I will have a look
at that really soon.

I do not remember any problem with the chainloader.  From what I can
derive from the sourcecode, it checks if the block is a valid block
with bootcode.  It seems to be possible to use --force to ignore the
result of this test.

I assume you understand that --force can lead to unpredictable
results.

--
Marco