Re: [grt-talk] New debian maintainer.

From: Nikodemus Siivola
Subject: Re: [grt-talk] New debian maintainer.
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:17:26 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Peter Van Eynde wrote:

I took over from Kevin as the debian maintainer of cl-grt. I see that this is a native package and that Kevin did commits directly into the CVS. As I already have done an upload of a new version (0.2) to register myself as the new maintainer I ask for your forgiveness in bumping the version number and to also get either commit privileges or that you commit the debian related changes. The version number bump can be undone by changing to dates as version numbers.

Uhhuh.

 a) Welcome. I'll see about getting you commit privileges once I sort
    out my savannah ids. May take a few days.

 b) GRT in its current state is effectively dead, and unless someone
    else then me picks it up it is hugely unlikely to see any future work.

    (There is some discussion about this in the list arhcives, but in
    a nutshell: I'm far too busy with SBCL and real life to hack on GRT
    right now, and when/if I find time for it I plan to implement what
    amounts to a full redesign under a MIT/BSD licence -- at which point
    there's not much point in pretending to call it the same software
    anymore.)

    In light of this, bump the version number or drop the package, as
    you feel best.

Others might want to pitch in at this point if they feel otherwise.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                  Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."