Re: [grt-talk] New debian maintainer.

From: Jason Dagit
Subject: Re: [grt-talk] New debian maintainer.
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 09:30:25 -0800

>   b) GRT in its current state is effectively dead, and unless someone
>      else then me picks it up it is hugely unlikely to see any
>   future work.

Sad but true.  I don't think we've had so much as a cvs commit in a
year.  Is there a project that we could merge with?  For example, we
use cl-sdl, perhaps GRT would be better off as an advanced example of
cl-sdl.  Merging with them _might_ strengthen interest in both
projects.

>      (There is some discussion about this in the list arhcives, but in
>      a nutshell: I'm far too busy with SBCL and real life to hack on GRT
>      right now, and when/if I find time for it I plan to implement what
>      amounts to a full redesign under a MIT/BSD licence -- at which point
>      there's not much point in pretending to call it the same software
>      anymore.)

I'm also too busy in real life to work on GRT at all.

>      In light of this, bump the version number or drop the package, as
>      you feel best.

I had a crazy idea that maybe we should bump the version to 1.0 and
refer to it as GRT 1.0 Final, but I don't think that does anything
useful and it will just be confusing for future maintainers, if they
materialize.

Good luck, Peter.

I had fun hacking on GRT, even if I didn't do it often or a lot.

Jason