[grt-talk] Crawling towards 0.1

From: Nikodemus Siivola
Subject: [grt-talk] Crawling towards 0.1
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:34:33 +0300 (EEST)

Slow but steady... I'd really like to have the 0.1 to be in a fairly
reasonable state as a package, so as not to give people bad first
impressions. So most of the effort right now is going into infrastructure
kind of things, not features.

Done

 * Some optimizations, mostly declaimed ftypes,
   but something else as well.

 * Added INSTALL, README and LISP to CVS.

 * Added dist.sh and dist.txt to CVS. These are just convenience
   tools to make a tarkit. dist.sh makes a tarkit, and dist.txt
   lists all files that go into tarkit.

Todo

 * grt.el

 * Go through doc-strings.

 * Add comments to sources where beneficial.

 * See that everything that should be exported is exported.

To be decided:

 * Do we yet need any documentation besides README kind of stuff?
   If so, should it be in in what format? TexInfo? DocBook? Latex?

 * After 0.1 what kind of release philosophy do we have? Release whenever
   it feels like it? Release by features sets? Release N times a year?
   Some combination?

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus