Re: One Page Dungeon Layout in groff?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: One Page Dungeon Layout in groff?
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 10:18:17 +0100

Hi Deri,

> It starts a hash with "<<" but fails to close it with ">>". Each hash
> entry is a key/value pair where the key is preceded by a "\". The
> endstream should follow after a stream but that is missing.

Thanks for digging deeper.

> Interestingly if you use the command "convert file.png file.pdf" a
> valid pdf is produced which works with gropdf.

That was Laurens' original command but I found the convert(1) here
sticks an ASCII NUL after the title, which pdfinfo pipes to grep which
stops the dimensions being extracted by gropdf.

    $ convert map.png map.pdf
    $ pdfinfo map.pdf | sed -n l
 →  Title:          map\000$
    Producer:       https://imagemagick.org$
    CreationDate:   Tue Aug 16 10:16:59 2022 BST$
    ModDate:        Tue Aug 16 10:16:59 2022 BST$
    Tagged:         no$
    UserProperties: no$
    Suspects:       no$
    Form:           none$
    JavaScript:     no$
    Pages:          1$
    Encrypted:      no$
    Page size:      1440 x 1440 pts$
    Page rot:       0$
    File size:      127000 bytes$
    Optimized:      no$
    PDF version:    1.3$
    $ pdfinfo map.pdf | grep 'Page size'
    Binary file (standard input) matches
    $

That's why I moved from convert(1) to gm(1) only to hit a new problem.
:-)

--
Cheers, Ralph.