Re: One Page Dungeon Layout in groff?

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: One Page Dungeon Layout in groff?
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 19:14:56 +1000

This is what pic(1) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PIC_(markup_language)>
is for:

# Long version
$ pic < dungeon.roff | troff -Tpdf | gropdf > map.pdf

# Concise version (recommended)
$ groff -p -Tpdf dungeon.roff > map.pdf

If you're new to pic(1), there's a browser-friendly (albeit limited)
reimplementation of the program called Pikchr <https://pikchr.org/home>
that supports live rendering <https://pikchr.org/home/pikchrshow>. Good for
practice, but poor for troff-quality output.

Regards,
— John