Re: build system: devpdf/download regression

From: Deri
Subject: Re: build system: devpdf/download regression
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 01:07:34 +0100

On Tuesday, 21 June 2022 18:44:00 BST Ingo Schwarze wrote:
> Since the logs are rather large, i'm not appending them to emails,
> but you can now inspect them here:

Hi Ingo,

I've tracked down the problem. The configure flag --with-urw-fonts-dir was not
being used when searching for fonts for the default foundry, just when
searching for the U foundry. This is why the U- fonts were correctly populated
but some of the default fonts errored. The ones which errored were the ones
which were not part of the pdf base fonts, i.e. you can't use them without the
font being included in the pdf.

I have also included /usr/local/share/fonts/ghostscript as one of the static
paths to search. As I discover different places that systems place the fonts I
add them to the list. So you shouldn't need the --with-urw-fonts-dir flag any
more.

Please let me know if this fixes the problem. I noticed that you have
ghostscript 9.55 on your system, please could you do:-

ls /usr/local/share/ghostscript/9.55.0/Resource/Init /usr/local/share/
ghostscript/9.55.0/lib /usr/local/share/ghostscript/9.55.0/Resource/Font /usr/
local/share/ghostscript/fonts /usr/local/share/fonts.

And send me the results. Sometimes they subtly change the names of the fonts
which ghostscript uses and I have to add the alternative names. If you can't
find the fonts it can mean they have baked the fonts in what they call %rom%
so they are not available as real files.

Cheers

Deri