Re: [address@hidden: Re: weird \s]

From: Robert Thorsby
Subject: Re: [address@hidden: Re: weird \s]
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 11:54:24 +1000

On 05/04/20 11:42:37, Larry McVoy wrote:
Doug and I talked about this off line. Doug predates all versions of roff, he watched it being developed and used it. I think his opinion matters.

In the message below the "Am I wrong wanting" and the specs are me, his response is below that.

Anyone arguing for \sDD is just misguided. If you want two things it is \s(12, if you want N things, groff gave you \s[1234].

Could we please just converge on this spec? I'm old and tired but if we can get agreement on this and noone wants to do the code I'll take a swing at it.

While the cognoscenti continue to debate how many angels can stand on the head of a pin I am prepared to regard Larry & Doug as definitive.

Robert