Re: [address@hidden: Re: weird \s]

From: Steve Izma
Subject: Re: [address@hidden: Re: weird \s]
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 01:08:12 -0400

On Sat, Apr 04, 2020 at 06:42:37PM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:
> Subject: [address@hidden: Re: weird \s]

> Anyone arguing for \sDD is just misguided.  If you want two things
> it is \s(12, if you want N things, groff gave you \s[1234].
>
> Could we please just converge on this spec?  I'm old and tired but
> if we can get agreement on this and noone wants to do the code I'll
> take a swing at it.

I'm in favour of this. If there are important reasons to preserve
legacy documents, put them in a revision control system and use a
sed script (as previously suggested) or something similar to make
a modern version.

        -- Steve

--
Steve Izma
-

==
I have always felt the necessity to verify what to many seemed a
simple multiplication table.
        -- Ilya Ehrenburg (Soviet author and critic; he's not
           talking about mathematics)