Re: [groff] Release Candidate 1.22.4.rc2

From: Bertrand Garrigues
Subject: Re: [groff] Release Candidate 1.22.4.rc2
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 00:49:03 +0200

Hi to everyone in the list,

Apologies for my long silence, I was too busy these last months to work
on groff.

I will try now to finish the release now, and I'm currently checking all
my unread mails.  I've also checked the recent commits and as far as I
can see, there is no reason not to included them in the next release.

A few remarks/questions:

- To Deri: I remember that you intented to commit something in the NEWS
  entry, I've found this in my mail archive, if you think it is correct
  you can commit it:

  Gropdf
  ------

  o Type 1 font loading fixed to handle newer ghostscript versions.

  o Handling of glyphs above position 255 improved to allow many more glyphs
    to be used.

  o New macros .pdftransition and .pdfpause introduced to allow creation of
    presentation slides. Partially backward compatible with present.tmac,
    specifically the PAUSE, BLOCKS and BLOCKE commands. Supports all the
    transition types introduced in PDF v1.5. (See gropdf man page)

- To Branden:  you've tagged commit
  3fa04f3e60bebfdcf968f573e6b46e6236a55789 (tag 1.22.4), is there any
  special reason for that or is it a mistake?

Thanks,

Regards,

Bertrand Garrigues