Re: [Groff] mom : unicode in .INCLUDE'd files

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: Re: [Groff] mom : unicode in .INCLUDE'd files
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 15:32:49 -0400

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 06:19:29PM +0100, Keith Marshall wrote:
> On 22/07/17 15:06, John Gardner wrote:
> > ... Can I semi-seriously implore the world to only use UTF-8, and
> > pretend other encodings don't exist?
>
> Not really going to happen, for as long as MS-Windows remains the
> dominant OS for personal computer platforms.

I have documents, nroff, troff and others (plus sh/ksh/awk/sed/... scripts),
dating back to the mid-1970s.  Many of those *roff documents still format
correctly.

The thing I _like_ about the *nix OSs is they don't demand I upconvert just
because a "better way" comes along.

Remember when the "modern" way to archive was to put everything onto
microfiche?

--
 Mike Bianchi