Re: [Groff] [groff] 01/01: Version 2.2 updates.

From: Bertrand Garrigues
Subject: Re: [Groff] [groff] 01/01: Version 2.2 updates.
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 00:07:38 +0100

Peter,

On Sun, Mar 05 2017 at 06:18:35 PM, Peter Schaffter <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 05, 2017, Bertrand Garrigues wrote:
>> Option -k is already set in the .am file.  Is this .pdf correctly
>> generated on your side?
>
> Yes, no problem.  Using the just-committed pdfmom,
>
>   pdfmom -k typsetting.mom > typesetting.pdf
>
> at the command line produces a clean pdf with no warnings.  Without
> the -k flag, the pdf prints gibberish where the accented characters
> go, but with no warning.  The only way I can approximately reproduce
> what you're seeing is to set the file's fileencoding back to latin-1
> and run pdfmom with the -k flag, which spits out
>
>   can't find special character `uFFFD'
>                                 ^^^^^
> Not sure how to track down what's going on when everything's working
> fine here.

In fact there is no problem with your file.  For some reasons on my
environment, there are lots of font files missing in font/devpdf;
particularly there are no font from the N family (previously in
typesetting.mom you would use another font family and thus this problem
would be unnoticed).  I'll check what is happening on the font
generation.

Regards,

Bertrand Garrigues