Re: [Groff] Times-Roman v. Nimbus Roman No9 L Regular.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Times-Roman v. Nimbus Roman No9 L Regular.
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 10:53:45 +0100

Hi Werner,

> > Should I be telling groff that I want to use those Nimbus fonts so
> > it uses their metrics rather than the "almost identical" Times'
> > ones?
>
> If you use the gropdf output device, try groff's `-P -y -P U' option
> to use the URW fonts.

Using -Tpdf gives a PDF that refers to Times-Roman and doesn't embed my
local Nimbus substitute.  Adding `-P -y -P U' didn't change the PDF
produced, apart from expected CreationDate, trailer's ID, etc.

/usr/share/groff/1.22.3/font/devpdf/download has only the "blank"
foundry, with no mention of Times.  Arch Linux groff 1.22.3-6.

Cheers, Ralph.