Re: [Groff] Proper Small Caps.

From: Meg McRoberts
Subject: Re: [Groff] Proper Small Caps.
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 04:47:36 +0000 (UTC)

Yes, there were a lot of writers working on those documents and some were
morerigorous in sticking to the standard than others.  There was some editting
and wehad typesetters who looked for such things but I know that things slipped
through.I was mostly working on the more technical docs -- a lot of the style
standards wereset by people whose hearts were in end-user documentation and
they voted in stuffthat we didn't care for.  We quickly figured out that, if we
rigorously adhered to thestandards for the first few pages, the style-enforcers
got bored reading our docs andwould leave us alone ;-)