Re: [Groff] Setting Text Along A Curve

From: Carsten Kunze
Subject: Re: [Groff] Setting Text Along A Curve
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 12:49:23 +0100 (CET)

Robert Thorsby <address@hidden> wrote:

> I need to set some text (eg., Lorem Ipsum) along the arc of a curve
> (eg, a circle). The curve itself need not be visible.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction? A mailing list thread?
> Something in pic? Some postscript code?

Heirloom troff has a .pshape request for that.  But you need to set
the indents and line lengths "by hand" (could be computed by a
simple perl (or whatever) script).

Text in a cricle is also shown in the book "Text Processing and Typesetting
With Unix"
by D. W. Barron, Mike Rees. But I think the source code is not include,
I'm not sure if they included a link to the source code (nroff had been
used in this example).

Carsten