Re: [Groff] [patch] Typographic quotes in -mdoc %T

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] [patch] Typographic quotes in -mdoc %T
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 21:13:51 +0100

>   % automatic double-quotation "support"

This works (unless you need triple-nested (double-single-double)
quotes) because we usually use double-quotes in pairs.
But with single quotes it's a problem in English because the
right single quote doubles as apostrophe.

Still, we can do the same in groff, too (see the list archives).

My favorite nightmare, however, (which no-one has implemented
to date, though) is the "smart parenthesis" feature:  you only
need one input character, and the software decides whether
it's an opening or closing parenthesis. :-)