Re: [Groff] [patch] Typographic quotes in -mdoc %T

From: Anthony J. Bentley
Subject: Re: [Groff] [patch] Typographic quotes in -mdoc %T
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 10:24:30 -0700

Keith Marshall writes:
> > Using \*[Lq] and \*[Rq] in Anthony's patch is definitely correct.
>
> I don't disagree.  However, Anthony clearly *is* confused, for he claims
> to refer to ASCII output on UTF-8 devices.

I never said that. Maybe you're referring to this paragraph by me:

"By ASCII I meant specifically ASCII output. I use UTF-8 terminals and
the patch was intended to improve how the nroff output looks in that case."

Maybe I could have worded it better like this:

"By ASCII I meant specifically ASCII output[, and by UTF-8 I meant
specifically UTF-8 output]. I use UTF-8 terminals and the patch was
intended to improve how the nroff output looks in [the UTF-8] case."

Anyway, I'll drop this line of conversation. It is detracting from both
the point of the patch and the valid tangent Carsten brought up.

--
Anthony J. Bentley