Re: [Groff] License for font tree

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] License for font tree
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 08:00:47 +0200 (CEST)

> The font files (tree <groff-source>/font) do not have a license.
> Will it be useful to add one?

No.  Those are generated files, some of them slightly massaged after
the conversion.

> I'm not sure, where they came form.  devX... looks like ancient X
> Window stuff.

Yes, created by xtotroff, and X11 has not a GNU license.

*Only* if there will be a request from, say, Debian Legal to take care
of licenses for those files, we should proceed.  There are more
important things to do, I guess :-)