Re: [Groff] The future redux

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: Re: [Groff] The future redux
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 11:42:31 -0500

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 04:08:45PM +0000, Deri James wrote:
>>    On Wed 26 Feb 2014 10:19:07 Mike Bianchi wrote:
>>    > I cannot find  man.config  or any reference to it in Debian 7.4
>>    (wheezy).
>    It looks like on debian the answer is to create a shell script called
>    "mandb_tfmt" to do exactly what you want when man -t is used.
>    Unfortunately my only version of debian is on a sheevaplug which is not
>    up to running an X server, but the man page says:-
>
>    A formatting pipeline is formed from the filters and the primary
>    formatter (nroff or [tg]roff with -t) and executed.

It appears that  /etc/manpath.config  holds the magic configurations.
Witness:
                :
        # Program definitions.  These are commented out by default as the value
        # of the definition is already the default.  To change: uncomment a
        # definition and modify it.
        #
        #DEFINE         pager   pager -s
        #DEFINE         cat     cat
        #DEFINE         tr      tr '\255\267\264\327' '\055\157\047\170'
        #DEFINE         grep    grep
        #DEFINE         troff   groff -mandoc
        #DEFINE         nroff   nroff -mandoc
        #DEFINE         eqn     eqn
        #DEFINE         neqn    neqn
        #DEFINE         tbl     tbl
        #DEFINE         col     col
        #DEFINE         vgrind  vgrind
        #DEFINE         refer   refer
        #DEFINE         grap    grap
        #DEFINE         pic     pic -S
        #
        #DEFINE         compressor      gzip -c7
                :

--
 Mike Bianchi
 Foveal Systems