Re: [Groff] Automating truetype font installation

From: James K. Lowden
Subject: Re: [Groff] Automating truetype font installation
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 09:10:21 -0400

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:20:28 -0400
Peter Schaffter <address@hidden> wrote:

> Please check for obvious errors.

Obvious errors corrected.  :-)

*  set -e to exit on first error
*  report missing filename with $1 because $FILE not set
*  consistently redirect error messages >&2
*  use more lines and fewer columns for easier viewing
*  consistently end messages with just one \n

Some of these are just my preferences, of course.  I prefer the text to
live inside 80 columns where convenient, to put "then" on its own
line (as Bourne intended), and for the output not to be egregiously
scrolled away with blank lines.  But if you don't like my version
perhaps you can apply some of my updates to yours.

I wasn't able to test it very thoroughly because I don't have the
problem it solves.  But it seems to be at syntactically correct.

Enjoy.

--jkl