Re: [Groff] mom headers not showing up

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] mom headers not showing up
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 14:42:12 -0500

Sam --

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012, Samuel Stoddard wrote:
> Hi!  I've been struggling for quite some time trying to get mom headers to
> display.  What kills me is that I'm pretty sure this used to work, and only
> stopped working once I upgraded my machine, so I'm suspecting a change to
> the way mom works.  But whether it's that or not, this isn't working.
> (groff, grops, and troff are all version 1.20.1.)

Which version of mom are you using?  When I process your source with the
latest version (1.6-a), the headers are fine.

You can find out which mom version you're using with

  grep "Version *[-0-9.a-z]*" om.tmac

om.tmac lives in /usr/share/groff/1.21/tmac/

If you're not using 1.6-a, you can download it from

  http://www.schaffter.ca/mom/mom-1.6-a.tar.gz

Alternatively, you can download and build the latest groff sources
from the repository, which always include the most recent version of
mom.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of The Binbrook Caucus