Re: [Groff] Problem with bottom page margin in MM

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: Re: [Groff] Problem with bottom page margin in MM
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 17:06:56 +0400

Tadziu Hoffmann:

>  [...]
>
> > .am address@hidden
> > .   if n \{\
> > .      if \\n[ft*note-size]>0 .nr pg*foot-trap -1v
> > .   \}
> > ..
>
> I think that leaves you with more space before the footnotes
> than necessary in nroff (but the bottom margin is okay),
> but in troff you still have the problem that the footnotes
> get printed 1v into the bottom margin.

Thanks for the explanation, Tadziu.

In  nroff  mode,  both modified and unmodifed ver-
sions leave one line between text end and footnote
start (the ________ separator), but I have found a
way to affect that as well:

   .am address@hidden
   .   if \\n[ft*note-size]>0 \{\
   .     nr pg*foot-trap -1v
   .   \}
   ..
   .am address@hidden
   .   if \\n[ft*note-size]>0 \{\
   .      ch address@hidden (\\n[pg*foot-trap]u+1v)u
   .   \}
   ..

Again, I have only tested it in  nroff  mode.  The
second  'append'  causes the trap to fire one line
later thereby eliminating  the  abovementioned  1v
space.