Re: [Groff] Creating Word/rtf output

From: Clarke Echols
Subject: Re: [Groff] Creating Word/rtf output
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:01:02 -0700

I think the majority of printers/publishers now want electronic files
for direct-to-plate printing.  This cuts out the messy process of camera
work and intermediate lay-up.  All you should need is page crop size,
margins, point size, fonts, etc.

Some may be fussy about details for toc and index.  YMMV.

Clarke

(Ted Harding) wrote:

Another possibility is to use groff to produce ".dvi" output.
If a publisher can cope with TeX, they can deal with ".dvi"
somehow. Again, this tends to come back to doing the entire
final formatting oneself, conforming to the publisher's style
and layout requirements.

Just some thoughts. I'm afraid I don't have any neat solution
for Robert's problem, and the above is based on my past experience,
some of it from a long time ago.

Best wishes to all,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>