Re: [Groff] groff on ms prints only first page

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff on ms prints only first page
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 22:00:48 +0100 (BST)

On 19-Jul-07 19:16:11, Pietro Gagliardi wrote:
> Thanks, but I figured it out a few days ago. Do you know about
> the .DS and .DE macros? I put .DF instead of .DE! It gets
> confusing... Anyways, I really think groff should have a less
> cryptic error than "diversion open" - perhaps "unfinished .DS".

Glad you found the answer! certainly your suggestion would make
it more explicit where you should think of looking, and that could
be helpful; but (as was implicit in my reply) once you get used
to it you have a pretty good idea of what's wrong!

But -- to go off on a tangent (which does have contact with your
query at the point of departure) for the benefit of whoever
monitors the performance of GNU's lists:

I received your initial query 2 hours ago:
  Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:49:26 +0100

over 40 hours after you posted it:
  Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:30:58 -0700

Until you said "I figured it out a few days ago" I didn't think
of looking at your date of posting. Now that I look at the headers,
I find the following sequence:

 (Exim 4.43) id 1IAzJe-0005EN-Fa for address@hidden;
  Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:31:02 -0400

So lists.gnu.org has sat on it for nearly two days!

Any known problems with lists.gnu.org, anyone?

Best wishes to all,
ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861