Re: [Groff] Correct protocol for making changes

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Correct protocol for making changes
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 08:43:48 +0100 (CET)

> The previous stuff on my agenda is done, [...]

Please add a ChangeLog entry!  I insist on having entries for
everything which isn't trivial (e.g., fixing typos in comments or
documentation).

> When I go back to trying to make the man pages portable, I'm
> wondering what the appropriate test protocol is.  Is an eyeball
> check that it looks right under both man in a terminal window and
> Postscript sufficient?

Yes.  Please use groff's `-ww' option to catch potential problems.
Ideally, there shouldn't be any warnings.

BTW, according to my experience, a great deal of errors can be caught
if you use

  (a) the colorized man output of the Midnight Commander (this is,
      pressing the F3 key on a man page)
  (b) different terminal line lengths, say, 80 and 100 characters.