Re: [Groff] Status of the portability work, and plans for the future

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [Groff] Status of the portability work, and plans for the future
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 09:18:55 -0500

Gunnar Ritter <address@hidden>:
> Then at the very least add some sort of /*LINTED*/ comment
> that allows authors to turn off your warnings within the
> manual page.

That's a good idea, if the way the warning hooks are implemented
allows it.

> Huh? What world are you living on, Eric? In yours, people
> like browser windows popping up, make no use of browser tabs,
> and especially do not have their tabbed browser on another
> virtual desktop than their xterm(s)? Sounds like a strange
> mirror universe to me.

That's a disappointingly weak and evasive answer.  You might at least
have engaged the case where BROWSER={lynx,links} so your HTML display
comes up in the same window as 'man' was typed.  Since you didn't, and
you have repeatedly demonstrated that you are not stupid, I guess this
conversation has reached a point where you are simply refusing to think.
I find that a shame.