Re: [Groff] Tables in .ig/.. blocks not ignored

From: Clarke Echols
Subject: Re: [Groff] Tables in .ig/.. blocks not ignored
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 22:20:20 -0600

Sounds like a bug in tbl.  It's looking at .TS and .TE, but not
catching .ig requests.  I've never used classic troff that way, so
I don't know how it handles such a construct.

Adding a .\" in front of the .TS as in

.\".TS

should do the job.  With no .TS, tbl probably ignores the .TE.
Not the cleanest, but should work.

The right answer is to teach tbl to recognize .ig.

Clarke

Larry Kollar wrote:
Tables that *should* be commented out using the .ig / .. construct still appear in the output. I first noticed this in 1.19.2, but it also appears in the CVS.

Here's an example file:

.\" ---------------- start ------------------
.LP
The following table should be seen: