Re: Re: [Groff] Re: [Fwd: pdfmark troubles]

From: keith.d.marshall
Subject: Re: Re: [Groff] Re: [Fwd: pdfmark troubles]
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 11:40:13 +0000

Werner Lemberg wrote, quoting me:
> > The following is my reply to a private enquiry from Zvezdan> > Petkovic,
> > reproduced here with his permission:--
>
> Keith, if you like I can make you a member of the `groff developer'
> team so that you can commit your code directly to the CVS.  To do that
> I ask you to create an account on savannah.gnu.org.

I did that; user name is `keithmarshall', (without the quotes).

> > If you want to understand how pdfroff works, you can examine the
> > script, (it's just Bourne shell scripting), for the full details.
> > Here's a very brief outline:-- [...]
>
> In case this isn't already in the pdfroff documentation I ask you to
> add it.  Perhaps a second, simpler example file (as included in this
> mail) is of great use also for many people.

Agreed.  Several smaller example files would likely be of more benefit, that
just the one large documentation file.

I don't think the detail of internal workings belongs in the current pdfroff
manpage -- possibly a second manpage in a different MANSECT would be more
appropriate.  Any preferences as to which one?

I fully intend to document this, in the PDF reference book, but perhaps an
additional manpage would also be appropriate.  I haven't forgotten the need for
more extensive documentation of pdfroff and pdfmark.tmac.  Unfortunately, at
the moment, I don't have as much time to work on it as I would like.

Regards,
Keith.

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software