Re: [Groff] Colors, PowerPoint and PDFs

From: Robert Marks
Subject: Re: [Groff] Colors, PowerPoint and PDFs
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:17:57 +1000 (EST)

Dear Clarke,

Look at my teaching overheads, at, say,
http://www.agsm.edu.au/~bobm/teaching/Taiwan/lect05-2.pdf

To get full screen viewing, save the file to disk and open with Acrobat
Reader.
If the full-screen viewing mode doesn't kick in, choose Full Screen from the
Windows menu.

This file and many others was produced using vi and groff.
Specifically the shell script was
echo "groff -sGpet  -mm -mpresent $2 $1  > $1-1.ps"
groff -sGpet  -mm -mpresent $2  $1 > $1-1.ps
echo "presentps -l <$1-1.ps >$1-2.ps"
presentps -l <$1-1.ps >$1-2.ps
echo "ps2pdf $1-2.ps"
ps2pdf $1-2.ps

where mpresent is a presentation macro that I donwloaded from
www.science.uva.nl/~bobd/useful/gpresent/
and ps2pdf is one of many PS to PDF tools.  Note the presentps executable --
can't just output PDF from the groff source to get the effects (such as
revelation) that gpresent allows.  Note too that gpresent is fine-tuned for
the mm macros pakage.

The top of the file looks like this:
.tr ~
.fam H
.ft HB
.BACKGROUND GradY blue8 blue
.DEFCOLOR lblue 0 0 0.9
.defcolor cyn rgb #63BDB5
.defcolor green rgb #52B552
.TITLECOLOR yellow
.SUBTITLECOLOR yellow
.COLOR white
.de HEADER
.ft H
.sp .4i
.\".PSPIC -L X.eps .5i
.\".sp -.1i
\l'\\n[.l]u'\h'-\\n[.l]u'
.br
.mk R1
.sp -.4i
.br
.tl '\s+5Agent-Based Market Design'R.E. Marks \(co 2005'Page \\nP\s-5'
.br
.sp |\\n(R1u
.br
..
.de FOOTER
.\".ft HR
.\".tl 'Agent-Based Market Design'7 July 2005'page \\nP'
.\"Agent-Based Market Design          7 July 2005
Page \\nP
.br
\l'\\n[.l]u'\h'-\\n[.l]u'
.br
.ti '''%'
..
.EQ
delim ``
define CO2 # roman {CO sub 2} #
define SO2 # roman {SO sub 2} #
define NOx # roman {NO sub x} #
.EN
.ad l
.S 25
.sp  -2
.ds HF 3 3 3 2
.ds HP +7 +5 +1 +1
.nr H1 1
.sp
.TITLE "Agent-Based Market Design"
.S -4
.ce 7
Robert Marks

Australian Graduate School of Management
.br
\f(address@hidden

The commands in CAPS are gpresent commands.
Good luck,
Bob

--
Robert MARKS, Australian Graduate School of Management,
              UNSW SYDNEY, NSW 2052, Australia

Disclaimer: http://www.agsm.edu.au/email_disclaimer.html