Re: [Groff] slack4, groff and ps

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] slack4, groff and ps
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:23:14 -0400

mikkel meinike wrote:

I have a very small and old laptop computer with a very small and
wonderful linux on it called Basiclinux 3.0. I have for some time bin
looking for some word processing program. .... OK my local
lug advice my to try with groff *roff. So now I am here. First I 'd
like to know if you know if the groff packages that is in Slackware
4.0 can convert to postscript. (also with the Danish letters æ, ø,
å)(I can install slackware 4.0 packages to Basiclinux 3.0)

I installed Basic Linux on a 486 some time back, but an older
version (1.0, I think?). After installing the gcc packages, I built
a current version of groff from source. It worked quite well. The
486 was fast enough to use the Vim text editor, which supports
syntax highlighting of *roff.

As Ted pointed out, groff will output PostScript (that's its default)
and should be able to handle Danish characters.

Finally, you may want to download a copy of "Unix Text
Processing" (see the URL in my signature) if you need a
tutorial.

--
Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: "UTP Revival"