Re: [Groff] Prevent hyphenation of individual words?

From: Michael Smith
Subject: Re: [Groff] Prevent hyphenation of individual words?
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:39:58 +0900

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

> I suggest that you download an original version of the groff package
> (from gnu.org), not the Debian version which is heavily patched --
> maybe the Japanese extension (which I don't support) is buggy, causing
> the problems you experience.

Indeed, it appears to be a problem only in LANG=ja_JP.eucJP.  I
tested with "LANG=C man ./example.1" and everything works as
expected (that is, the words do not get hyphenated).

I've filed a bug reports at Debian.

I'm sorry for having made noise here about this without first
having tested it properly.

  --Mike