Re: [Groff] CVS Build Problem

From: Jim Reid
Subject: Re: [Groff] CVS Build Problem
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:19:21 +0100

BSD/OS 4.2.

Ahhh. IIRC, Jim Reid had a similar problem a few months ago, also on BSD. Don't know what version he was using, or if he ever found a solution :-(

It was BSD/OS 4.2 too. I never found the time to get to the bottom of the problem and abandoned updating groff on that box. Somebody changed groff's build/install stuff to make it more Linux-specific, breaking backwards compatibility with the installed base. Making sense of Linux cruft and comparing that to what was done in earlier groff releases made my head hurt, so I gave up in disgust.